Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Real Conversation Overheard

I was waiting with two people, a man and a woman who apparently knew each other.

Woman: My mother had Rheumatoid Arthritis for 32 years.
Man: Is she doing anything for it?
Woman: She used to take (two medications I couldn't make out).
Man: Yeah, but is she doing anything for it (obviously referring to something nutritional)?
Woman: Well, she died in an ambulance when she was 63.
Man (obviously feeling bad): Oh, I'm sorry.
Woman: She was resuscitated and the two medications she used to take apparently were causing her lungs to fill up with water.
Me: ????!!!!!!!

Reminds me of this dialogue from the world's greatest TV show:

Kent Brockman: Dozens of people are gunned down each day, but until now, none of them was important. I'm Kent Brockman. At 3:00 PM Friday, local autocrat C. Montgomery Burns was shot, following a tense confrontation at town hall. He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. He was then taken to a better hospital where his condition was upgraded to "alive."

No comments: