Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sheryl Swoops is Gay

Who is Sheryl Swoops? She plays in the WNBA. Yesterday she admitted she is gay, although she wasn't "born that way."

Whatever. Frankly I don't care because I don't care much for the WNBA. I guess it's important she came out and all. Some might believe this proves society has changed to the point where it will accept gay athletes. I don't agree because nothing that happens in the WNBA proves anything. Does anyone sensible really think that Swoopes' positive experience (the WNBA is like a sisterhood) indicates a remotely similar response in the NBA? Or the NFL? Anyone who thinks that just hasn't followed sports much over his/her life.

So why am I writing about this if I don't care? Because at least half the hits I got today came from people searching for information about Sheryl Swoops being gay. Not sure why my blog came up. But I just wanted to give them something to read.

No comments: